This week’s Top 5 Fave post is going back to the 90s with my top 5 favorite 90s movies!
1. Clueless A rich high school student tries to boost a new pupil’s popularity, but reckons without affairs of the heart getting in the way.(x)
One of my all time favorite movies and I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of it! It also started my crush for Paul Rudd. Pretty sure I have every line memorized. As a kid I didn’t understand the majority of it, but watching it now I can’t believe my mom let me watch it. (RIP Brittany Murphy)
2. 10 Things I Hate About You A new kid must find a guy to date the meanest girl in school, the older sister of the girl he has a crush on, who cannot date until her older sister does. (x)
I could pretty much relate to Julia Stiles’ character when I was in middle school. The type of girl who doesn’t care to be popular and is kind of the outsider, totally me. Also, this is where I fell in love with Heath and JGL. One of my dreams is to have a guy sing “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You” to me a la Heath Ledger. (RIP Heath Ledger)
3. The Craft A newcomer to a Catholic prep high school falls in with a trio of outcast teenage girls who practice witchcraft and they all soon conjure up various spells and curses against those who even slightly anger them. (x)
I haven’t seen this movie in a long time, but I remember loving it as a kid. My step-sister and I were thoroughly bummed when we tried the light as feather stiff as a board trick and it didn’t work.
4. 3 Ninjas Three young brothers, who have been trained in ninja techniques from an early age, learn that they possess powers which evil crooks would like to control. When a kidnap is attempted, they must defend themselves using all their skills. (x)
This movie will never get old to me no matter how old I get. I feel like it’s very rare to find someone who knows of this movie (if you’ve seen it, you’re extremely awesome!) I embarrassingly remember when I was a kid my step-brother, step-sister, and I would play 3 Ninjas. I would always be Tum Tum which I totally hated. I wish they would some sort of reunion like EW has done with some shows/movies.
5. She’s All That A high school jock makes a bet that he can turn an unattractive girl into the school’s prom queen. (x)
This is your classic popular guy falls for the nerdy non popular supposed to be unattractive because she’s wearing glasses girl type of movie. Honestly, I don’t know how she chose Freddie Prinze Jr. over Paul Walker. I mean, I would’ve chosen Paul Walker in a hotel room any day. (RIHAW Paul Walker) Thank god the remake rumor isn’t true.
Also, bless them for having this breakout dance number. Probably the best most cheesiest part of the movie.